Why is it important to have a thriving culture? Culture drives performance and comes directly from the values of the CEO.
- Determine a clear vision and mission for the company, a story that aligns each position with the overall strategic objective.
- Ensure every employee is clear on their responsibility and their authority.
- Learn about each other’s personalities so you can treat people the way they want to be treated.
- Be open and transparent whenever possible.
- Grow! It gives your people more opportunities for achievement, recognition, and advancement.
- Establish policies to encourage A-Players to flourish, not to manage around C-Players.
- Understand people’s need for Status, Certainty, Autonomy, Relatedness, and Fairness (SCARF).
- Measure culture with employee engagement surveys and immediately act on the results.