What do LeBron James, Roger Federer, and Tom Brady have in common? They strive to get 10+ hours of sleep per night. Improved sleep is a game changer when it comes to focus, creativity, and performance. Research shows that these 7 things are helpful for optimizing sleep.
- Regular bed time (set an alarm for that) and wake up time.
- Avoid blue light stimulation from electronics at least 1 hour before sleeping by establishing a digital sunset time.
- Keep the bedroom at a cool temperature and make it a sanctuary.
- Create a routine to signal to your body that you are winding down, e.g. take a bath, stretch, read a physical book.
- Avoid caffeine after lunch.
- Avoid alcohol before bed time.
- Eat at least two hours before going to bed.